Masturbation/masturbation frequency

i am wondering if it will make it easier to do less if i limit it to once a day and then if i succeed at that to a few times a week.  it seems like i can never cut back.  what do you recommend?

I recommend that you accept masturbation as normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary for male sexual health.  If you can never cut back, then how do you expect to cut back?  I think you already know the answer to that one.  Most younger males masturbate about once a day.  Very young males (13 or 14) very often masturbate more than once a day.  That's OK too.  Cutting back to once a day is apt to happen as your schedule gets more crowded with activities and work.  Please enjoy what you're doing and don't be obsessed with your frequency.

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions in the world.