I love to masturbate and I have been doing so since I was 11. (I'm now 18)
However, I always just lay on my back and pump my hand on my dick. I want to try some other types of positions that will give me good orgasms. What would you recommend?
Also, I usually use porn, but when I can't, I find it hard to maintain my erection when jacking off. Is this normal for a guy my age and what can I do to maintain a stronger erection?

You would probably enjoy it standing up, like in the shower.  Many males find kneeling while masturbating to produce a very intense orgasm.  It's because the legs are immobilized beneath the body.  You might also enjoy experimenting with different kinds of lubes.  The Super Head Honcho sleeve is also fun for a lot of men.

Many males get habituated to using visual aids.  I recommend that you be able to masturbate once or twice a month without pictures in order to keep your imagination working.

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions in the world.