Masturbation/Prone masturbation

Hi Expert,

Hope you can help me, i suffer from TMS and quit for about a year ago. Unfortunatelly I unconciously preform TMS at night while sleeping. How can i overcome this?

Masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary for male sexual health, but it should never be done in the prone position.  To learn more about the dangers of prone masturbation, see

Usually when a male masturbates involuntarily in his sleep, he is not wearing much clothes.  Wearing heavier clothes to bed will prevent sleep masturbation.

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions in the world.