Masturbation/Is this true?

Is it true that prone masturbation ages a person sexually? If so, why, and what exactly does it mean to age sexually? I'm assuming you mean prematurely.

Prone masturbation, which means lying face down and thrusting the penis into or against something, such as the bed, is a cause of sexual dysfunctions in males.  To learn more, see  I've never described it as "aging" a person sexually, but certainly a man can wind up with the kind of dysfunctions that would be expected in a much older man, like erectile dysfunction and delayed ejaculation.

Feel free to ask more questions!

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions in the world.