Masturbation/How can I stop masturbating?

Question
Hi, I am 18 years old and I masturbate daily 1-2 times. I belong to religious family, and they believe masturbation is a sin. So, I do want to break the rule and I want to stop masturbating. How can I do that?

Answer
Masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary for male sexual health.  Most men your age masturbate daily.  Instead of trying to quit, you should accept masturbation as normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary for male sexual health.  If you really want to quit, see this page for stories of how other people tried: http://www.healthystrokes.com/quitting.html.

Feel free to ask me more questions!

Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.