Masturbation/side effects of masturbation

Question
Hi doctor i am almost 18 years old and i masturbate once and a while here is the situation , i noticed that i am not always satisfied with the time i spent before ejaculation some times its tow minutes and some times 15 minutes so the question is , what does affect my time before ejaculation to make it 15 or 2 minutes ?  and another question is the technic of masturbation affects makes me gets my orgasm harder when i have sex ? for example i use my hand is there any chance my penis get use of it and does not feel the same when i have sex ?

sorry for taking so long

Answer
Masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary for male sexual health.  Most males your age masturbate daily.  Sometimes a masturbation session last two minutes and sometimes 15, so I don't think you have a problem.  Sometimes your mind is in just the right place to make you orgasm and other times it takes prodding.  An average of 5-10 minutes is typical at your age.  

Your technique is the standard one.  For best results in sex, use as little pressure as is necessary to have an orgasm.  Your penis will adapt to intercourse nicely.

For more information, see http://www.healthystrokes.com/mast.html.

Feel free to ask me more questions!

Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.