Masturbation/Baby Oil

Hi. I'm just wondering can you use Baby oil when masturbating, like not putting it inside your vagina but just on the outside? Will it have any affects, and is it safe for females?

It is inadvisable for females to use oil-based lubes to masturbate.  It is dangerous to get oil in your vagina.  Most females prefer to use water-based lubes like K-Y Liquid and Astroglide.  You can learn more about different types and brands of lubes at

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions in the world.