I frequently masterbate. Can frequency masterbating and drinking alcohol, affect sexual intercourse ie maintaining an erection?

All men who have sexual intercourse also masturbate.  Some of them masturbate frequently.  For most males, a balance is maintained between masturbation and intercourse.  Some men can masturbate one day and have intercourse the next.  Some men have to skip masturbating for a day before having intercourse.  Some need longer.  Practice will tell you how to balance intercourse and masturbating.

Excess alcohol consumption is bad for both intercourse and masturbating.  If you're having trouble achieving an erection, try to drink less next time.  If you're young, the alcohol is more likely to affect you than the masturbating.

To learn more, see

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions in the world.