Masturbation/Suggested masturbation frequency...

Hello, what is the recommended average frequency to masturbate for a 33 year old male?. Whats this about leaving it too long? and what does this do to sperm if you leave it too long? How often is too long? or doing it too often, how often is too often?. What impact does too long and/or too often have on quality & volume?.

Thank you

A team of doctors led by Dr. Graham Giles found that males who ejaculated most when they were younger had the least incidence of prostate cancer when they were older.  Dr. Giles recommends that younger males masturbate at least six times a week.

If you go too long without ejaculating, your sperm and semen will be of lower quality for fertilization.  The optimum interval for conception is two days.  

You're doing it too often when your penis hurts and you seem not to be able to ejaculate.

You can learn more about the health benefits of frequent ejaculation at

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions in the world.