Masturbation/Male masturbation

When I'm masturbating, sometimes I orgasm before I feel ready to, if you know what I mean. I hate when that happens because it's always stronger and better feeling if I wait until I feel ready. Does that ever happen to you? Do you know anything I can do about it?

The first rule of sex education is to never talk about yourself.

Not all masturbation sessions are equal.  Some are better than others.  With practice, you can delay your orgasm until you're ready for it to happen.  If you think you're getting close and don't want to finish, then stop for a few seconds and see if you can keep your arousal.  Most males say a good session lasts between 5 and 10 minutes.  But it doesn't have to.  More information at

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions in the world.