Masturbation/how to masturbate without losing virginity

Question
Hi. Im 16 years old. And im wondering how can i pleasure myself without losing my virginity? I've tried inserting my finger inside my vagina but it wasn't deep and it hurts. What should i do?

Answer
Masturbating cannot cause you to lose your virginity.  The only way to lose your virginity is by having sex with another person.  

Most girls who are just starting to masturbate do it internally, but stroking the clitoris and labia.  Inserting fingers or objects into the vagina tends to be an advanced masturbation practice for females who are experienced at masturbating externally.  You can learn more at http://www.healthystrokes.com/youngfem.html.

Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.