Masturbation/Porn addiction

Question
Hi Adams, I am a 21 years old boy, 5'7" tall and my weight is 64 kg. I am masturbating from the age of 13. I normally masturbate twice a day. Once in the morning after I wake up and then before I go to sleep. Is it bad for my health? And is it going to cause any problem to my sexual health? And I watch porn everytime I do it. Is it bad and do you think I am porn addicted? Doest it have any bad effect? And I am working out 4 times a week. Will masturbating twice daily affect my muscle building and slow the process down?

I know, I have asked a lot of questions and I am sorry if it bothers you. But I will be very happy if you please answer all my questions. It will be very helpful. Thank you.

Answer
Masturbating is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary for male sexual health.  Most men your age masturbate about once a day, if they're not otherwise sexually active.  Your frequency is high.  Not very many men your age masturbate as often as you do.  You might try cutting down to once a day and seeing if you enjoy it more.  I also think it is good if you can avoid using porn every single time.  If you can do it without porn once or twice a month, I think you're in good shape.

Masturbation will not affect your height and weight and ability to build muscle.

Keep asking those questions!  I will get to as many as I can.

Dr. Adams

Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.