Hello, I'm Raven. I'm 18 and a female. I've been masturbating since I was 14 and I absolutely love it. I'm still a virgin but I would like to be able to pleasure myself more without relying on a guy. I have always masturbated using clitoral stimulation. I am curious about other ways. I've wanted to try to use my fingers but I'm nervous and do not really know what to do.

When females are ready to move beyond clitoral stimulation, they generally insert one or more fingers into the vagina to see what feels good.  When one or more fingers are able to produce an orgasm, many of these females then try dildos.  I suggest reading up on female masturbation and its varieties here:

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions in the world.