Hi. I'm 14 and Mariam, I'm actually quite shy to ask this but I guess this is more of my last resort. I'm a virgin (of course) and I really want to try out masturbating but I'm scared that I might somehow lose my virginity if I do something wrong.

Masturbating cannot cause you to lose your virginity.  The only way to lose your virginity is by having sex with another person.  You're at the age when most girls try masturbation or start thinking about trying.  You can learn more here:

Doug Adams, Ph.D.

I write from the point of view that masturbation is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary to sexual health. I am able to answer questions in all areas of sexuality.

I am the author of the web site and have been answering questions about sexuality (especially masturbation) from both males and females for over 13 years.

I have a Ph.D. in a field unrelated to sexuality from one of the leading educational institutions in the world.