Masturbation/Over masturbation problems

Question
Good day Doctor,

I am a 33 year old male that has indulged in masturbation since i was in my early 20's. I have been doing it on a daily basis, sometimes even more than once a day. It wasn't too long ago i developed some problems such as fatigue, sleeping problems, severe joint pains, muscle an body tremors and i mean a lot of it. Even my fingers shake a lot now. I do not know if my constant ejaculations have caused these problems in my body and i do not know how to resolve them. The pains in my joints are so bad i cant lift objects for long periods. I quickly have to put them down. Please i need your medical opinion on what to do. I have tried to stop masturbating and its tough but i'm trying. Your advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much

Answer
Masturbation is good for you.  It is normal, healthy, and fun, and even necessary for male sexual health.  It doesn't cause any of the problems you mention.  If you are really in pain and have these tremors, you should see a doctor.  Masturbation didn't cause them.  See here for more of the health benefits of frequent masturbation: http://www.healthystrokes.com/promasturbation.html.

If you aren't already, you should consider becoming sexually active.  You will like intercourse better than masturbation.

Masturbation

Doug Adams, Ph.D.