Math and Science Solutions for Businesses/Asking for an equation/equation sign for single direction conversion

Question
Hi Mr Patton,

I have a problem that I am facing. Can you enlighten me as to the equation sign or better yet the whole equation for something that goes like this.

I have values x and y and I would like to know the sign/equation for allowing x to bring into y but not the other way around.

Example is I have x% monetary discount and y% credit. I wish to allow x to bring into y but not y back into x.

Is there such a way to express it?

Answer
Hi Kelvin,

I'm having a little difficulty in understanding your question. Can you expand your example a little bit? I believe that you want to express a % discount in terms of a % credit but am not sure. I also am not sure why you want it to be one way.  

Math and Science Solutions for Businesses

Randy Patton