McCartney, Paul/Paul mostly

Question
When Paul and John were  writing, was any of their music based on or because of their personal experiences as singles and as a group??

Why isn't Ringo playing drums in Pauls band??

Answer
1) Some of the Lennon/McCartney songs were based on personal experiences, and some were not.  Were there any particular songs you were thinking about.

2) The Beatles broke up because they wanted to work on their own projects without the rest of the group.  Ringo wants to be his own musician, not a sideman to Paul.  That doesn't mean they haven't collaborated in the last 45 years - Paul played on Ringo's "Ringo" album, Ringo played on Paul's "Flaming Pie" album, and there have been a handful of live performances.  

McCartney, Paul

Elizabeth