Medical Malpractice/Mirena and ovarian cancer

Sister of IUD user wrote at 2012-05-28 18:25:51
My sister had a Delcon Shield IUD in the early 1970's, and developed a pelvic infection from it that nearly killed her.  I was 13 at the time,and watched my sister slowly over the next few years gather an understanding of what had happened to her.  At first it was not known that the Delcon shield caused the infection, she found that out as others started telling their similar stories of what they had gone through while using the Delcon Shield. She later was a part of the law suit filed against the makers, and received small settlement checks from time to time, but these checks certainly weren't worth the multitude of health problems she went through. Including infertility, pelvic pain and problems for decades.  Then in her late 40's after years of ill health in the pelvic region she came down the a rare type of cancer in her uterus called Mixed Malarian.  She had treatments for this and survived for 8 more years before the cancer came back, and took her from us two years later in 2009. She was 58 years old.  Our family has had very little cancer, and none in the immediate family or grandparents.  I am certain her cancer in the uterus was linked to her years of ill health in the pelvic region which started with her pelvic infection due to the Delcon Shield.  Maybe you don't know about a connection like this because it just hasn't been talked about enough, or maybe because the ones who died aren't around to tell their story any more. I am honoring my sister(gone three years now)on this Memorial day by telling her story for her.  I think she would agree that a connection between the Delcon Shield and cancer should be considered and studied.

Josie wrote at 2012-12-06 05:22:00

IUD's have been associated with increased risk of ovarian cancer.  

Medical Malpractice

Glenn A. Dorfman

Thirty-four years experience in personal injury, medical malpractice and medical product liability law. Qualified to answer all questions regarding injuries and the law, except for worker`s compensation. Also wide experience in medical product defect cases ie current litigation regarding the Johnson&Johnson (DePuy)defective hip implant cases and Mirena IUD issues

Thirty-four years experience handling cases involving auto accidents, trips and fall, fires, dog bite,medical malpractice and defective medical product cases with particular emphasis in 2012 and beyond with the DePuy ASR (Johnson&Johnson) defective hip implant cases. Twenty-five years of experience with defective IUD issues as well

Jurisdoctor Degree 1976 and Member in good standing with CA State Bar Assoc. since 1976