Medical Malpractice/Kidney Stone

swleslie wrote at 2014-01-22 23:02:40
As a kidney stone expert, let me add to the previous answer.  In general, we like to consider doing a surgery for a stone in the ureter that has not passed in 4-6 weeks since it tends to cause more side effects and complications if left in place longer.  While a 24 hour (not 48) urine collection test is reasonable to identify kidney stone promoting chemical risk factors to help prevent future stones, it should ONLY be done in patients interested and willing to follow treatment suggestions long term for stone prevention.  It certainly should not be used as prerequisite for a visit in a patient who is clearly symptomatic from an existing stone and I would suggest you consider finding another urologist.

Medical Malpractice

Glenn A. Dorfman

Thirty-four years experience in personal injury, medical malpractice and medical product liability law. Qualified to answer all questions regarding injuries and the law, except for worker`s compensation. Also wide experience in medical product defect cases ie current litigation regarding the Johnson&Johnson (DePuy)defective hip implant cases and Mirena IUD issues

Thirty-four years experience handling cases involving auto accidents, trips and fall, fires, dog bite,medical malpractice and defective medical product cases with particular emphasis in 2012 and beyond with the DePuy ASR (Johnson&Johnson) defective hip implant cases. Twenty-five years of experience with defective IUD issues as well

Jurisdoctor Degree 1976 and Member in good standing with CA State Bar Assoc. since 1976