Medical Malpractice/Broken Screw from Back Fusion

BRIAN WILLIAMS wrote at 2010-12-30 21:15:39
I HAD NECK FUSION DONE 6 YEARS AGO BUT 2 SCREWS BROKE THEY WERE THE TOP 2 ON THE 3 LEVEL C5,C6.C7 HAD 2 MORE SURGERY AFTER

THIS TOOK PLACE 16 MOUNTED AGO HAD TO GO IN TRUE BACK WHICH WAS VERY DIFFICULT TO GET OVER , I THANK IT WAS HARDWARE FAILURE NOT DR. PROBLEM SCREW MANUFACTORY PROBLEM  

jenningsl 1700 wrote at 2013-08-05 00:34:07
I too had back surgery Oct 2012. At first everything was fine. Then about 3 months after the surgery severe pain started again, I waited maybe a month before I went back to doctor. When I did he did an stay and said " OH NOT THIS IS NOT GOOD, YOU HAVE BROKEN THE SCREWS. " I said don't make me mad and he said not him either referring to my husband. My doctor sent me to his partner who I think took about a week to see. He stated what he was going to do in surgery. Said had to correlate 3 doctors to do it because this time they would go in the front and the back. So there again hurry up and wait. We took a while getting the surgery done due to vacation and correlation with the 3  doctors. Have now had surgery which has been a major surgery and it has been a lot harder than the first surgery. I have about a 10 in. Incision in stomach plus same size in my stomach. Also have about 4 or 5 in. Incision on left side where they took bone for fusion. It is a shame that a person has to go through all this pain and recovery because of faulty screws. I had two broken in the exact same spot. Second doctor did a very extensive surgery putting in spacers and instead of two screws he put in 6 . So is this doctor at fault or manufacturers of screws. I need help

Medical Malpractice

Edward A. Smith