Medical Malpractice/colonoscopy gone bad

Ned wrote at 2011-03-29 20:55:33
i lost my spleen due to a colonoscopy in FEB of this year. I came out of post surgery screaming head off with pain from left side of abdomen and my back. The had the EMS take me right away to the hospital. The DR thought he had perforated my colon however once at the hospital and after 7 hours of tests being run they decided to operate and they found out that my spleen had been ruptured like a hot dog. I had

lost 1500 cc [3pts] of blood by the time they open me up. My colon was not perforated. I am not sure how many pts they had to give, but to save me they had to remove the spleen. I did not have the same doctor do the surgery.  I also had colon cancer and a tumor removed by this DR in 04 and then have had a colonoscopy every yr since by same DR. I now have a compromised immune and have to be careful in travel, sick people, and take immunizations, go to the DR for colds and temp101. I'm told if i can not get to a dR then go to a hospital. So long term you will be at a higher risk of infections and etc.

JoeInMidwest wrote at 2016-01-11 07:18:28
If palpating the left side of the lower abdomen results in pain in the left shoulder, then that may indicate a positive Kehr sign, meaning that further immediate testing needs to be done to rule out a ruptured spleen.  Google Kehr sign for more information.  

Medical Malpractice

Glenn A. Dorfman

Thirty-four years experience in personal injury, medical malpractice and medical product liability law. Qualified to answer all questions regarding injuries and the law, except for worker`s compensation. Also wide experience in medical product defect cases ie current litigation regarding the Johnson&Johnson (DePuy)defective hip implant cases and Mirena IUD issues

Thirty-four years experience handling cases involving auto accidents, trips and fall, fires, dog bite,medical malpractice and defective medical product cases with particular emphasis in 2012 and beyond with the DePuy ASR (Johnson&Johnson) defective hip implant cases. Twenty-five years of experience with defective IUD issues as well

Jurisdoctor Degree 1976 and Member in good standing with CA State Bar Assoc. since 1976