Medical Malpractice/Klonopin

thewall wrote at 2010-10-16 14:06:09
Someone clearly hasn't done their research. Klonopin is prescribed to people with sleeping problems. My wife was also prescribed it for her insomnia. Also, I can assure you, benzo withdrawal is one of the worst if not the worst withdrawal to go through. A short Google search would have told you that.

kidgie wrote at 2011-07-10 05:38:13
For your information Klonopin or any benzo for that matter have worse withdrawals than heroin or any other opiate. Ask a heroin addict that has done benzos. Its a doctor's obligation to tell there patient if at any time the want to stop something like klonopin , a slow taper is necessary. Even though klonopin makes your drowsy it should never been given for sleep. Withdrawal is hell and when you are thousands dollars in debt in medical bills and your quality life is no longer good, I would see why someont would want to sue.

Lisa wrote at 2012-03-17 03:28:00
Nicole I have had the same issue.  A physician I saw

One time put me on 2mg a day for a very slight tic.

I was on it, and continued to be told that there would

be no long term damage from it, for twenty years.

Klonopin has destroyed my cognitive function and memory

and as I weane myself off of it my problems are getting

worse.  I see so many people with similar issues writing

into online forums and blogs.. This is screaming for

a class action lawsuit.  I live in Boston, MA.  

Celine Thomas wrote at 2012-11-27 18:30:32
"I doubt if Klonopin has the same addiction qualities and severe withdrawl issues like Oxycontin, heroin, methamphetimin, whatever." Glen has no idea what he's talking about. Withdrawal from benzodiazepines is horrific and, unlike the drugs he mentioned, can be fatal. If you withdraw cold-turkey from Klonopin, Valium, etc., you put yourself at the risk of a fatal seizure. Feel free to look this up, it isn't a fringe theory. Benzodiazepine withdrawal is very serious and should not be taken lightly. It is, in fact, a lack of prior lawsuits that have made it so easy for new patients to obtain the drug. I doubt that a malpractice lawsuit would go well for the reasons that Glen outlined, unfortunately both he, the malpractice attorneys, and the doctors involved all know far too little about this class of drugs to be involved with them in any professional circumstance.

Vicci N. wrote at 2013-02-26 23:20:13
You have no right to answer this question if you don't know what you're talking about.  Klonopin withdrawal (benzodiazepine withdrawal# is far more difficult and dangerous than withdrawal from Oxycontin or heroin or cigarettes for that matter. This is documented, medical knowledge. That's the point! Doctors are ignoring this FACT and other standards of practice, and injuring patients. #I've been an R.N. for 30 years and a CLNC since 2009.)

I understand moving on with your life.  It's good advice.  However, until the indiscriminate use of Klonopin stops, more and more innocent victims will be injured. This has to stop.  And it won't stop until it hurts the pocketbooks of pharmaceutical companies.  

Cheri wrote at 2016-01-02 04:08:11
you need to do some research on this drug, you really don't sound like you know what you are talking about

Medical Malpractice

Glenn A. Dorfman