Medical Malpractice/Prednisone/Avascular Necrosis

Stephen Dolle wrote at 2015-06-24 16:31:07
I've been looking at the available information on Prednisone both for patients, and physicians, and I find very little up to date user information on a drug where there is considerable safety experiences. Why the disparity away from state of the art of safety & use information today? This is what was available in the 1970s.

Today, with so much more Internet information available, it gives the impetus of the "consumer expectation (legal) test" and ore sophisticated human factors information, ever more critical. In fact, the absense of such more detailed user information today tends to suggest that the risks are fewer compared to other newer drugs with more updated safety information.

The danger here, I feel, is the lack of more detailed and up to date consumer user information will lead to more [preventable]injuries today. By comparison, just look at the added safety information and features today on all consumer use products. It really renders Prednisone labeling to something out of the 1960s-1970s.

We are led to believe that the current user information is adequate because Prednisone has been in use so long. But how does 1970s user informaiton help a new user in 2015? I don't get the reasoning.

The other relevant Failure to Warn legal terms that make Prednisone warnings seem inadequate are:

superior knowledge, foreseeable knowledge, need (for patients) to know, and numerous consumer use standards today as for safe use of products.

I can consult on labeling and technology information for manufacturers, and on failure to warn cases for law firms.

Medical Malpractice

Glenn A. Dorfman

Thirty-four years experience in personal injury, medical malpractice and medical product liability law. Qualified to answer all questions regarding injuries and the law, except for worker`s compensation. Also wide experience in medical product defect cases ie current litigation regarding the Johnson&Johnson (DePuy)defective hip implant cases and Mirena IUD issues

Thirty-four years experience handling cases involving auto accidents, trips and fall, fires, dog bite,medical malpractice and defective medical product cases with particular emphasis in 2012 and beyond with the DePuy ASR (Johnson&Johnson) defective hip implant cases. Twenty-five years of experience with defective IUD issues as well

Jurisdoctor Degree 1976 and Member in good standing with CA State Bar Assoc. since 1976