Medical Malpractice/medical malpractice

Hi Dr. Friedman,  you have helped me tremendously with great answers to ?'s about my case. My case is progressing but the problem is now that we're having a hard time finding an orthopedic surgeon expert. We re finding that OS's are sanctioned by the American Asso of Ortho Surgeons if they testify against their peers.  We have a vascular expert that is eager to go forth but the case is primarily against the OS so without an OS willing to testify we don't have a case. This reluctance of OS's to testify seems so unfairto the patient.  I hope you can see my previous ?'s regarding this case to fill you in on my case.  Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance for your help. Sincerely, Kelsey

I remember your case.  I have found the best source of independent experts to be at major teaching hospitals.  I don't think the AAOS sanctions their members but strongly discourages one from rendering opinions against others.  You may also suggest someone from Cedars Sinai in Los Angeles.  I have spoken to a number of physicians at that facilitate who don't mind in submitting fair and impartial opinions regardless of the specialty.

I wish you the best.

Very truly yours,

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

Medical Malpractice

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

I have been a practicing civil trial attorney since 1989 dealing primarily with malpractice issues. I litigate very select medical malpractice cases on behalf of patients or their families. I am a Certified Civil Trial Specialist by the National Board of Trial Advocacy. I am also Certified in Injury and Wrongful Death by the Arizona State Bar Board of Legal Specialization.

In addition to my law degree, I received a Master of Arts in Bioethics and a Doctorate of Philosophy involving Medical Ethics. Because I am also an Adjunct Professor in Research and Medical Ethics at a medical school, I routinely consult with physicians and hospitals regarding medical ethics issues in an effort to improve patient care.

I can answer questions dealing with medical ethics principles. I can also respond to questions regarding potential malpractice issues.

For more information, you can view my website at WWW.EXPERTETHICS.COM

I have been a practicing trial attorney since 1989 and I have a masters degree in bioethics and a doctorate of philosophy regarding comparative ethics.

State Bar of Arizona
State Bar of Colorado (inactive)
District of Columbia Bar (inactive)
Federal Bar
Licensed in Arizona District Court
Licensed in Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
licensed in the United States Supreme Court
American Bar Association
National Board of Trial Advocacy
American Association for Justice
Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
American Society for Bioethics and Humanities
Kennedy Institute of Ethics
National Association of Realtors

A list of my copyrighted publications and presentations is contained at WWW.EXPERTETHICS.COM

Bachelor of Arts 1985
Juris Doctorate 1989
Master of Arts in Bioethics 2004
Doctorate of Philosophy 2006

Phi Beta Kappa
Multiple Who's Who
Southwest Superlawyers
Top 100 Trial Lawyers
AZ Magazine Top Lawyers