Medical Malpractice/Prednisone/Avascular Necrosis

My doctor prescribed me Prednisone 5 times in 2010 and now I have Avascular Necrosis. I recently had both hips replaced because o this.Is there a class action suit against the makers of Prednisone? What can I do?

William:  There wouldn't be any class action about Prednisone because the risks are well known and the drug is well studied.  Therefore, a patient takes it with known risks involved and dependence upon the doctor' good advice.  And that is where you should look:  that is, were you an appropriate patient for prednisone and were you dosed correctly?  Were you monitored for side effects correctly?  In other words, if a doctor should have realized that your symptoms were not worth the risk or, you got too much for too long or, you had signs of hip problems early on and stopping of the drug would have stopped progression of the disease short of having a double replacement, then you might have a medical malpractice case.  Figure out what dose you took and for how long and think about your most early symptoms of the AN in your hips.  Then read several articles on prednisone.....just google it..........and see if your doctor is really the one at fault.  While on the internet, use it to check the Statute of Limitations for medical malpractice in your State. Time is probably running out or has run out already and even if you find info to make an argument for med mal, finding a lawfirm to take the case would be the next big hurdle.   Best I can offer. Good luck.

Medical Malpractice

Glenn A. Dorfman

Thirty-four years experience in personal injury, medical malpractice and medical product liability law. Qualified to answer all questions regarding injuries and the law, except for worker`s compensation. Also wide experience in medical product defect cases ie current litigation regarding the Johnson&Johnson (DePuy)defective hip implant cases and Mirena IUD issues

Thirty-four years experience handling cases involving auto accidents, trips and fall, fires, dog bite,medical malpractice and defective medical product cases with particular emphasis in 2012 and beyond with the DePuy ASR (Johnson&Johnson) defective hip implant cases. Twenty-five years of experience with defective IUD issues as well

Jurisdoctor Degree 1976 and Member in good standing with CA State Bar Assoc. since 1976