Medical Malpractice/bladder puncture during gastric bypass

Question
I just underwent gastric bypass surgery.  During the surgery the doctor tried to fix a hernia and punctured the bladder   I was sent home came back in 24 hours by ambulance and they took another 24 hours to discover the holes.  He shouldhve seen that the pins on the mesh would pu cture it but overlooked it.  Do I have  case?   I am still in the hospital and in agony.   Pls advise me.  Thank you

Answer
Gastric bypass is difficult surgery. Things can go wrong without there being malpractice.  So I don't know if your surgeon did something that was negligent.  I can tell you this however:  Unless you will end up with a very serious disability that can't be fixed, there wouldn't be enough in terms of damages to interest any attorney.  This I know with 99% certainty. So, even if other surgeons would say that your surgeon really screwed up, unless you are severely harmed and it can't be fixed........like needing a permanent colostomy......it just won't involve enough money to fight the surgeon.  I hope you don't have such a case. Good luck.

Medical Malpractice

Glenn A. Dorfman