Medical Malpractice/bad tkr

Question
Sir, Had left total knee replacement in April 22, 2012. Had bad pain, told doctor, all he did was give more pain pills and said give it a year. After five months, went to another doctor, he took x-rays and said he sees three things wrong. He said the top joint looked too big and the mid plate was not aligned and the bottom joint was not aligned. I had my second total left knee done in Nov. 2012 . I have gone too several lawyers here in TN. They say because of the Tort reform nothing could be done.  I had so much pain and have been out about twenty thousand dollars of my own money. Please help me.

Answer
Dennis,

I am sorry you went through this experience and would love to help but I am not certain what you would want me to do.  The attorneys you spoke with are correct; award limitations make it difficult for warranted cases to be litigated because attorneys will not take cases without high medical expenses or lost wages.  This form of tort reform hurts legitimate patients with legitimate claims and only serves the purposes of the malpractice insurance carriers.

I wish I had better news for you.  I would suggest you keep looking for a qualified attorney in your area.

Very truly yours,

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

Medical Malpractice

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.