Medical Malpractice/deformed big toe

Question
I had 2nd bunionectomy on my right foot7-8 years ago. The Podiatrist is now retired and my big toe is growning out to the left leaving a large space between toes. Now today I am having problems keeping my balance and have fall 3 times in the last 5 months. I use a cane whenever possible but I am working at a job that requires me to be on my feet. Would I have a legal case against podiatrist.

Answer
Julie,

You may have a case, however, you have a major problem with the statute of limitations.  The statute of limitations is the time period you have to bring a lawsuit.  

I suggest you contact a medical malpractice attorney in Kansas as soon as possible to discuss your options.

Very truly yours,

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

Medical Malpractice

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.