Medical Malpractice/mesh infection from hernia surgery

How do I find out if I have an infection from my hernia surgery.  I need to obtain a lawyer to represent me.

Lana Lana Lana:  Is this your question?  "I had a mesh implanted during a hernia surgery and it is now infected.  Do I have a case?  Are you thinking about suing the doctor for malpractice or do you want to look into suing the maker of the mesh? Fistly, you need to know what your medical problem is.  Generally, the mesh isn't responsible for infections.  Infections just happen.  Very unlikely that the infection resulted from negligent surgery and even if it did, case is not big enough to interest a lawyer. Have you had a second surgery or how is the infection being treated? Possible that you have a recalled mesh.  To find out, you need to learn what brand and model and serial number of the mesh that you have or had. This would be in your medical records.  Suggest you call your surgeon, ask for a copy of the Operative Report, note what type of mesh you have/had. Go to google with name of the mesh product followed by "lawsuit" or "attorney" or "class action" and you will get lots of information there and lots of attorney handling such cases.  But an infection isn't from a failure of the mesh so I doubt if you have a case.  First step is to find out what type of mesh it was.

In answer to your question "how do I find out if I have an infection from my hernia surgery", do the following:  Call a local lawyer.  Pay him/her $5,000 to answser the question.  The lawyer will have you lay down on his desk.  He will use a letter opener to cut open your hernia incision and look around in there.  He may try to fix it with a stapler or some scotch tape or glue. He will take out some of the pus from the infection and if it stinks, then that should tell you what you want to know.

Medical Malpractice

Glenn A. Dorfman

Thirty-four years experience in personal injury, medical malpractice and medical product liability law. Qualified to answer all questions regarding injuries and the law, except for worker`s compensation. Also wide experience in medical product defect cases ie current litigation regarding the Johnson&Johnson (DePuy)defective hip implant cases and Mirena IUD issues

Thirty-four years experience handling cases involving auto accidents, trips and fall, fires, dog bite,medical malpractice and defective medical product cases with particular emphasis in 2012 and beyond with the DePuy ASR (Johnson&Johnson) defective hip implant cases. Twenty-five years of experience with defective IUD issues as well

Jurisdoctor Degree 1976 and Member in good standing with CA State Bar Assoc. since 1976