You are here:

Medical Malpractice/arthroscopic surgery


I got my surgery for a torn meniscus and while on the operating table the surgeon said that due to my arthritis she was going to do micro fractures in order to grow new cartilage, well its been almost 2 years and im still going to therapy and lots of other treatments a nd nothing helps my pain , in a resent Xray results say I have mild arthritis , so can I sue for pain and suffering since in 2006 I had the same surgery to my right knee and 29 days later I was back at work and with this one im even living in a shelter because I cant work and pay my own bills.

Every medical situation is different. The only way you could win against the Dr is if you showed his actions were beneath the standard of care usually employed. The fact that one knee healed better than another would no matter,

Consult a medical malpractice attorney in your city. He will get all your medical records and consider whether he can bring a viable case.

Act quickly as there are short time limits called Statutes of Limitations in every case.

Ed Smith  

Medical Malpractice

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Edward A. Smith


California Personal Injury lawyer with 18 years of experience handling automobile accidents, dogbites, slip and fall cases as well as medical malpractice cases will answer your questions regarding these areas. Valuestar Certified. Author of "Top 20 PI sites on the Internet" for Law Office Computing Magazine

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]