Medical Malpractice/compartment syndrome

Question
I was stabbed in the forearm by an unknown assailant and went to the emergency room. The stab went all the way through and mu ulnar artery was severed. They xrayed me and there was no findings of a bone injury, so they stitched the wound on both sides and discharged me while bleeding internally and I developed acute compartment syndrome and had to have surgery. I will like to know does I have a viable claim.

Answer
Anwar,

Based on the facts you submitted, it appears you may have a viable medical malpractice claim.  This type of wound is a common cause of Volkmann's Ischemic Contracture from Compartment Syndrome.  You should speak to a qualified medical malpractice attorney in your location.

Very truly yours,

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.

Medical Malpractice

Paul D. Friedman, M.A., Ph.D., J.D.