Medical Malpractice/Malpractice when I was an infant

Question
Hi Glenn, when I was an infant my pediatrician accidentally punctured my ear drum during a check-up. My parents never brought forth a law-suit but now as a 23 year old adult I am realizing the effect the incident has had and is still having on my life. I currently have about 80% hearing loss in my left ear and am unable to go under water without ear plugs because water drains directly into my ear and then is nearly impossible to drain back out.

Can I do anything to be compensated for this malpractice?

Thanks, Wes

Answer
Wow, what do you think Wes?? The doctor is probably retired or dead by now. Proving that your ear was damaged by some negligence based on the standard at that time would be difficult if not impossible. But Wes, have you ever heard of something called the Statute Of Limitations?? In Ca you must sue within 1 year of the negligent Medical care or in the case of a minor, within 1 year from reaching age of majority (18) or by age 19. You absolutely have no legal recourse even if the doctor screwed up big time. If this I am quite certain

Medical Malpractice

Glenn A. Dorfman