You are here:

Medical Malpractice/Malpractice when I was an infant


Hi Glenn, when I was an infant my pediatrician accidentally punctured my ear drum during a check-up. My parents never brought forth a law-suit but now as a 23 year old adult I am realizing the effect the incident has had and is still having on my life. I currently have about 80% hearing loss in my left ear and am unable to go under water without ear plugs because water drains directly into my ear and then is nearly impossible to drain back out.

Can I do anything to be compensated for this malpractice?

Thanks, Wes

Wow, what do you think Wes?? The doctor is probably retired or dead by now. Proving that your ear was damaged by some negligence based on the standard at that time would be difficult if not impossible. But Wes, have you ever heard of something called the Statute Of Limitations?? In Ca you must sue within 1 year of the negligent Medical care or in the case of a minor, within 1 year from reaching age of majority (18) or by age 19. You absolutely have no legal recourse even if the doctor screwed up big time. If this I am quite certain

Medical Malpractice

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Glenn A. Dorfman


Thirty-four years experience in personal injury, medical malpractice and medical product liability law. Qualified to answer all questions regarding injuries and the law, except for worker`s compensation. Also wide experience in medical product defect cases ie current litigation regarding the Johnson&Johnson (DePuy)defective hip implant cases and Mirena IUD issues


Thirty-four years experience handling cases involving auto accidents, trips and fall, fires, dog bite,medical malpractice and defective medical product cases with particular emphasis in 2012 and beyond with the DePuy ASR (Johnson&Johnson) defective hip implant cases. Twenty-five years of experience with defective IUD issues as well

Jurisdoctor Degree 1976 and Member in good standing with CA State Bar Assoc. since 1976

©2017 All rights reserved.