Medical Malpractice/Hardware malfunctioning in neck

Question
QUESTION: I had a neck surgery almost two years ago , five levels where fused on that moment . Went for a while reasonable good until 6 month's ago . Start getting problems with my arms , severe nerve pain .
They toke XRay's and saw that there was something wrong , a cat scan showed broken hardware .
Result , I need a.s.a.p. a second surgery to repair that .
What can I do , besides getting the surgery , I am not to happy about this matter , I might have permanent nerve damage .

ANSWER: Immediately order the complete surgical records that identify the the hardware implanted and which part failed and then write back to gadlaw1@aol.com.  Need to determine if you have a medical malpractice case or a case against the manufacturer of the hardware.

QUESTION: Thank you very much for your answer , on this moment I am on a visit out of state , I will be back on Saturday 26 of March and take care of the info needed .
Is the written result enough , like Xray's and Cat scan or do you need a full report .
My surgery is done in Geisinger , Wilkes Barre PA and I have access to the reports on my Geisinger internet account .

Answer
You will need copy of original documentation from the operating room listing the product brand, model, serial numbers, lot numbers so that it can be determined whether your failed hardware had been on a recall list or subject of other complaints and litigation.  Full records from surgeon and hospital needed to determine what went wrong. Was it negligence by the surgeon(wrong hardware used, installed wrong etc. or was it a defective product?? Other causes?????

Medical Malpractice

Glenn A. Dorfman