Medical Research on the Internet/ADVANCEMENTS WET MACULAR DEGENERATION

Question
Dr. Hi I'm looking for medical advancements near term for WET muscular DEGENERATION.  Do you see anything that looks promising and will be used in 2016.  Thank you Kenny

Answer
Inj Eyelea (Aflibercept) is the latest treatment available.It works best in the initial part but if the anatomy of rhe macula has remained distorted for few years and has not responded to repeated injections of Anti VEGF drugs like avastin and Leucentis then this new drug will restore the anatomy but vision will not be restored.

Medical Research on the Internet

Dr Mohd Tariq Salman