Medical Support Careers/Regarding Medical Coding opportunities..

Question
Hi Joy:

I am Manoj from India.  I am a CMT, working in the Medical Transcription industry for the past 12 years and looking for a career switch to Medical Coding.  I would like to know about the scope of Medical Coding in the future.  Also, how are the opportunities in USA for Medical Coding.

Would I be given the visa if I am applying for a visit to America in search of a job in Medical Coding industry.

Any advice on this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Manoj

Answer
Hi Manoj,

There are lots of jobs for medical coding. You will need to take a course and become a certified medical coder for most jobs.  Some of them are remote or work from home positions.  As far as the visa is concerned, you would need to find out from the US travel services at www.uscis.gov about what you would need to do in order to get a visa.

Thanks

Joy

Medical Support Careers

Joy B. Hicks, MBA, CPM