Medical Support Careers/Regarding Medical Coding opportunities..

Hi Joy:

I am Manoj from India.  I am a CMT, working in the Medical Transcription industry for the past 12 years and looking for a career switch to Medical Coding.  I would like to know about the scope of Medical Coding in the future.  Also, how are the opportunities in USA for Medical Coding.

Would I be given the visa if I am applying for a visit to America in search of a job in Medical Coding industry.

Any advice on this regard would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Manoj,

There are lots of jobs for medical coding. You will need to take a course and become a certified medical coder for most jobs.  Some of them are remote or work from home positions.  As far as the visa is concerned, you would need to find out from the US travel services at about what you would need to do in order to get a visa.

Medical Support Careers

Joy B. Hicks, MBA, CPM

I can answer any question related to administrative medical support careers such as billing, coding, reception, etc. to help you get the job you want, questions about job descriptions, and how to retain medical support staff for managers.

I have been in the medical office field since 2001 working in a number of administrative support and supervisory roles and also write medical office content for

Certified Practice Manager
AAS Business Administration
BA Health Care Administration
MBA w/ healthcare specialization