Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/Medicaid supplimental

My mother-in-law is about to be on medicare (65yrs).  She is on social security income only.  She wants to get a supplement and it is a good idea as she is slightly disabled after neck surgery and has a limited income.  She is looking at medicaid here in Nevada.  I am worried as have heard she cannot have more than $2000 in the bank which means she would not be able to save anything if she wishes to for emergencies on her car or for something she may want to buy herself (like a new TV).  Is this the best plan or would another supplement be better for her?

Jorjia, thank you for the question.  If she will not qualify for Medicaid, then there are two ways for her to go.  One is medicare supplement insurance, which does exactly that - supplements what Medicare doesn't pay for so that there is little or no out of pocket expense except for the monthly premium.  Then there are Medicare Advantage plans that take the place of Medicare, costing nothing or little per month, but having numerous copays and coinsurance costs.  Since I am licensed to to business in Nevada, you can reply privately with her zip code, birthdate and a way I can reach you to discuss the costs of her options.

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Cindy Hopp

As an expert in Medicare supplemental insurance, I can help you decide which plan is best for you. If you are turning 65 or your rates are just too high, let me shop for you and give you your options. I can also assist the under-65 for their health insurance options. Please include the State you live in.

Having been in the business for 10 years, I keep up with all the new rules of the new Health Reform and am licensed and certified to assist you.

All the continuing education I have taken keeps me up to date with licensing and the insurance industry.