Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/MEDICARE LOOP HOLE

Question
We live in Pennsylvania. My husband is on disability (he has cancer)and is now on Medicare.  We have supplemental insurance for him and a drug supplement plan as well.
He was told today that he has to pay a $300.00 for a Medicare loophole. Is there such a thing?

Answer
The correct term is Donut Hole coverage and yes there is such a thing.  The donut hole is simply a gap in coverage which is the out of pocket portion for your drug benefit. You should review your coverage manual to find out the specifics for your own policy. Also, you may want to review your supplement plan benefits to find out if it covers the donut hole. If not, you should consider finding another supplement plan.

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Joy B. Hicks, MBA, CPM