Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/OPT OUT OF PART B


I found out that I do not need to have Medicare Part B bacause I am fully covered under my wife's health insurance plan. I turn 65 on 12/4 and want to cancel Part B. I've called and can't get through to anyone. Someone told me that I need to complete form 795 but I am unable to find such a form.

I mailed a letter about 3 weeks ago to the same address that I orginally sent my Part A/B application asking them to delete the Part B from my plan. So far, I've received no reply and I went online and it still indicates that I am enrolled in Part A & B.  Any suggestion without going to the SSA office in Houston and waiting in line for hours.

In order to opt out of Part B you would need to either go in person to the SSA office or call your local office for a personal interview.  Once you speak to someone, they will mail you a form to complete that will dis-enroll you in Medicare Part B.  Medicare requires you to speak with someone prior to dis-enrolling to make sure that you understand how you may be effected by your decision.

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Joy B. Hicks, MBA, CPM


As a Medical Office Expert, I can answer any question related to the medical office from the prospective of hospital and physician office staff and patients.


I have been in the medical office field for 12 years and also have a blog that provides advice, information, and tips about the medical office.


Certified Practice Manager
AAS Business Administration
BA Health Care Administration
MBA w/ healthcare specialization

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]