Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/veterans benefits

Hi i am not sure if this is the right place to ask but maybe you can advise.I am 63 wanting to retire at 64 I have health insurance through my employer,and the gap between retirement and medicare would be a yr. and I am a vet and am wondering if I can or should maybe apply for benefits that way or not. US ARMY 1970-1971.Thanks for any help with this.

Hi William.  I'm not sure if you would qualify, but here's the website that might help you.

If not, you should be able to get coverage through Cobra or until you're eligible for Medicare.

I hope this helps.

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Cindy Hopp

As an expert in Medicare supplemental insurance, I can help you decide which plan is best for you. If you are turning 65 or your rates are just too high, let me shop for you and give you your options. I can also assist the under-65 for their health insurance options. Please include the State you live in.

Having been in the business for 10 years, I keep up with all the new rules of the new Health Reform and am licensed and certified to assist you.

All the continuing education I have taken keeps me up to date with licensing and the insurance industry.