Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/veterans benefits

Question
Hi i am not sure if this is the right place to ask but maybe you can advise.I am 63 wanting to retire at 64 I have health insurance through my employer,and the gap between retirement and medicare would be a yr. and I am a vet and am wondering if I can or should maybe apply for benefits that way or not. US ARMY 1970-1971.Thanks for any help with this.

Answer
Hi William.  I'm not sure if you would qualify, but here's the website that might help you.
http://www.va.gov/healtheligibility/Library/Tools/Quick_Eligibility_Check/index.

If not, you should be able to get coverage through Cobra or healthcare.gov until you're eligible for Medicare.

I hope this helps.

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Cindy Hopp