Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/Medicare and Cancer Insurance

If you have a cancer insurance policy that pays cash to you for medical treatment such as chemotherapy, blood, surgery, hospital room and more, will Medicare receive the benefits of the Cancer Insurance because they are paying your medical bills.

One has nothing to do with the other.
Medicare will still pay your bills. You still will have your copays and annual deductible with Medicare unless you have a secondary policy such as a Medigap plan.
This info relates to Original Medicare and not a Medicare advantage plan. No Medigapmplan necessary for a Medicare Advantage plan.

Best wishes for good health.

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Merry Schiff

I am very familar with Medicare and general insurance questions. I can answer general questions about HMO's.

I have been in the medical billing industry for 50 years. I have helped develop software for this industry. I am a consultant to billers and the medical profession.

I am the Executive Director of NEBA, a medical billing organization with nearly 1000 members.

I have been teaching medical billing for many years as well as being a published author with Pearson Education. One book on medical billing (nearly 800 pages) and one on HIPAA.