Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/Medicare and Cancer Insurance

Question
If you have a cancer insurance policy that pays cash to you for medical treatment such as chemotherapy, blood, surgery, hospital room and more, will Medicare receive the benefits of the Cancer Insurance because they are paying your medical bills.

Answer
One has nothing to do with the other.
Medicare will still pay your bills. You still will have your copays and annual deductible with Medicare unless you have a secondary policy such as a Medigap plan.
This info relates to Original Medicare and not a Medicare advantage plan. No Medigapmplan necessary for a Medicare Advantage plan.

Best wishes for good health.

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Merry Schiff