Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/Medicare supplement plan

My mother is 88, and has Medicare Supplement F+. Her insurance company has made mistakes in her billing, saying she is a month late on her payments. I have the list of her payments to show she is not late. I've called them and told there where the mistake was made, by them. They are doing an audit of her account, at the same time they are threatening to cancel her coverage. At this point she is one month behind, according to them....which she is not. She does not have any major medical conditions, and only sees her doctor every other month. If they did cancel her policy, would she be able to renew during the renewal period in December? Would she be able to get the same rate, if there was a gap in her coverage?

John, thank you for the question.  I can certainly understand your frustration.  In the slight chance that they are correct, I would pay an extra month while the audit is being done.  The only other way out of this is to let me know when her birthday is - this is the only time I can change her policy to the same kind of policy for maybe a less expensive premium with a different company.  The annual enrollment period at the end of the year is not for Medicare Supplements - it is for HMOs and PPOs and stand alone prescription drug plans.  We don't want her to get cancelled.  Please look me up.  

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Cindy Hopp

As an expert in Medicare supplemental insurance, I can help you decide which plan is best for you. If you are turning 65 or your rates are just too high, let me shop for you and give you your options. I can also assist the under-65 for their health insurance options. Please include the State you live in.

Having been in the business for 10 years, I keep up with all the new rules of the new Health Reform and am licensed and certified to assist you.

All the continuing education I have taken keeps me up to date with licensing and the insurance industry.