Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/How to Find The Right Facility

Question
Hello,

My father is  in need of a drug rehab facility for prescription pain killers. He is a recovering alcoholic so he has been through the 12 step state run facilities. Medicare only offers state run facilities for drug rehab, but it is medically necessary for him to go to a facility that involves drug rehab as well as pain management and emotional hep in order for him to get the help he really needs. He has a great secondary insurance company, how we get Medicare to approve the facility he needs?

Answer
Tracy, I've not had this question before.  Not knowing exactly what he has - supplement or Medicare Advantage plan - you might want to talk with the secondary company for help.  In the meantime, here is a site I found that might help with what Medicare will pay for:  http://www.medicareinteractive.org/page2.php?topic=counselor&page=script&slide_i

I hope this helps.  I'm also available during AEP and his birthday time to shop for him to find the best plan.  

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Cindy Hopp