Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/Medicare Supplement

My husband has Medicare A&B and a Medicare Supplement Policy and Medicare Part D policy.  He is 82, retired of course, and has a limited income from Social Security. His supplement policy premium takes more than l/2 of his income each month.  We are trying to find a way for us to survive without having to sell our house.  Any information you could give us would be appreciated.

Hi Pat - Happy New Year.  You didn't mention what Plan of Medicare Supplement your husband has.  For instance, if he has a J Plan, he can transfer to an F and have the same coverage.  If he has an F Plan, he can transfer to a G, but then he would have an annual $147 deductible.  Worth it if the savings are more than $12.25 per month.  Sometimes people hang on to their insurance policy a little too long, not realizing they can shop with the aid of an agent, like me, to find a different company with less expensive rates.  Hopefully he's not paying more that $250/mo.  If so please contact me.  Otherwise talking with his insurance company to downgrade the policy a little will achieve a lesser premium.  I hope this helps.

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Cindy Hopp

As an expert in Medicare supplemental insurance, I can help you decide which plan is best for you. If you are turning 65 or your rates are just too high, let me shop for you and give you your options. I can also assist the under-65 for their health insurance options. Please include the State you live in.

Having been in the business for 10 years, I keep up with all the new rules of the new Health Reform and am licensed and certified to assist you.

All the continuing education I have taken keeps me up to date with licensing and the insurance industry.