Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/Medicare Supplement

My daughter is disabled. She has ALWAYS had a Medicare She now has Well Care because they pay better. Welll up unitl August she had United Health Care. In August we switched to Well Care as they pay better. But the problem is that United Health Care denies she has insurance during May June and July. I know better and so does my agent. The problem is that neither one of us knows how to prove it.

Do you know of a way?

Hi Joyce

You should have received a certificate of creditable coverage from your insurance company.  That should prove that you were covered during that time.  If you don't have one, you should be able to prove that you made your premiums.  You should have some type of documentation or proof of payment that you could submit to prove that your daughter was covered at the time.

I hope this helps

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Joy B. Hicks, MBA, CPM

As a Medical Office Expert, I can answer any question related to the medical office from the prospective of hospital and physician office staff and patients.

I have been in the medical office field for 12 years and also have a blog that provides advice, information, and tips about the medical office.

Certified Practice Manager
AAS Business Administration
BA Health Care Administration
MBA w/ healthcare specialization