Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/Medicare Supplement

Question
My daughter is disabled. She has ALWAYS had a Medicare She now has Well Care because they pay better. Welll up unitl August she had United Health Care. In August we switched to Well Care as they pay better. But the problem is that United Health Care denies she has insurance during May June and July. I know better and so does my agent. The problem is that neither one of us knows how to prove it.

Do you know of a way?

Answer
Hi Joyce

You should have received a certificate of creditable coverage from your insurance company.  That should prove that you were covered during that time.  If you don't have one, you should be able to prove that you made your premiums.  You should have some type of documentation or proof of payment that you could submit to prove that your daughter was covered at the time.

I hope this helps

Joy

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Joy B. Hicks, MBA, CPM