Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/Starting to feel older now...

I know you are not a doctor, but since you see a lot of older folks, maybe you have some insight.
I am 56. Not technically old yet, maybe 'senior. Generally my health is pretty good, and I am still working and enjoy it.
Up until I was 50, I was very active playing rec sports, going out with my wife, etc. She is 60 by the way.
Getting into my fifties, I have been having more aches and pains, so I opted out of sports because of fear of injuries, and I am quite content to spend most of my leisure time being a couch potato. My wife is one too, although she does go for coffee with friends.
No grandkids yet (still hoping) to get me more active either. I stretch and do 30 minutes on my elliptical everyday, however.
Does this seem like a normal aging pattern or not? I have no brothers or uncles to compare myself with, and few guys my age at work.
AS long as I am keeping healthy, which I am, I am OK with this. No issues getting through my work day, so I plan to keep going until I am 65 to collect company pension.
Just wanting to know if this is generally how things go for guys. Thanks!

Haha!  You're right - I am neither a Dr. or a guy!  I know people younger than you who have more health problems and people older than you that can ride a bike 100 miles every weekend.  So every one is different, we are mortal.  Check with your doc to see if all your vitals are within normal ranges and make adjustments if you need to.  Most of all - do what you enjoy - life is good!

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Cindy Hopp

As an expert in Medicare supplemental insurance, I can help you decide which plan is best for you. If you are turning 65 or your rates are just too high, let me shop for you and give you your options. I can also assist the under-65 for their health insurance options. Please include the State you live in.

Having been in the business for 10 years, I keep up with all the new rules of the new Health Reform and am licensed and certified to assist you.

All the continuing education I have taken keeps me up to date with licensing and the insurance industry.