Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/Having VA Medical Care and Medicare Savings Program

With VA Medical Care, it is free accept for the prescriptions.  With Medicare Saving Program that help the low-income pay for Medicare premiums and may even help pay the 20% as well from what I understand (correct me if I am wrong).  If a person because of income qualify for the Medicare Savings Program, do you know since VA Medical Care and Medicare are both Federal funded programs, whether they would let a person have both programs free?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sallie, if you are entitled to VA, you can also obtain any other sort of Medicare insurance to utilize medical care outside of the VA if needed.  You would have to apply for the Medicare Savings Program to see which level of benefit you would qualify for.  You can also call Social Security to see if you qualify for Low Income Subsidy or Extra Help to help you with your prescriptions.  I hope this helps.

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Cindy Hopp

As an expert in Medicare supplemental insurance, I can help you decide which plan is best for you. If you are turning 65 or your rates are just too high, let me shop for you and give you your options. I can also assist the under-65 for their health insurance options. Please include the State you live in.

Having been in the business for 10 years, I keep up with all the new rules of the new Health Reform and am licensed and certified to assist you.

All the continuing education I have taken keeps me up to date with licensing and the insurance industry.