Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/hospital

Hi Cindy. I have a special needs daughter with a Medicare Supplement. She has Well Care and Medicaid. We live in Gainesville FL by the way. Well, the hospital that is closest to us,( less than 2 miles) no longer takes Well Care. The next closest is approx. 5 miles. I know whatever Well Care doesn't pick up Medicaid will.

Now when she needs the ER do we have to go to the one 5 miles away? Can we still go to the closest one and make Medicaid pick up? Or do we have to go to the other one that is 5 miles away that takes Well Care since its the Primary?

Hi Joyce.  When it comes to needing the emergency room, any hospital will do because the health plan has to cover it because it's an emergency.  But she would need to be transferred as soon as possible to the hospital that WellCare works with.  Also be sure her doctors are in the WellCare network.  I hope this helps.

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Cindy Hopp

As an expert in Medicare supplemental insurance, I can help you decide which plan is best for you. If you are turning 65 or your rates are just too high, let me shop for you and give you your options. I can also assist the under-65 for their health insurance options. Please include the State you live in.

Having been in the business for 10 years, I keep up with all the new rules of the new Health Reform and am licensed and certified to assist you.

All the continuing education I have taken keeps me up to date with licensing and the insurance industry.