Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/insurance approval

My daughter has Medicare and a supplement (WEllCARE). She has been going to Physical Therapy on her feet. They billed Medicare instead of WellCare and as a result of not getting paid they cancelled all her therapy sessions over a week ago. They said they would get in touch with me when they got an answer. My question is: What's the hold up? How long does it take for an insurance company to say 'yes, I'll pay or no I won't'?

Isn't Wellcare a Medicare Advantage plan. I am not familiar with it but when I Googled that is what I found. If it is a Medical policy they won't pay if Medicare doesn't pay but I need more info to help you.
Has she exceeded the Medicare cap of $1920 for the year. Why did the plan deny the claim?

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Merry Schiff

I am very familar with Medicare and general insurance questions. I can answer general questions about HMO's.

I have been in the medical billing industry for 50 years. I have helped develop software for this industry. I am a consultant to billers and the medical profession.

I am the Executive Director of NEBA, a medical billing organization with nearly 1000 members.

I have been teaching medical billing for many years as well as being a published author with Pearson Education. One book on medical billing (nearly 800 pages) and one on HIPAA.