Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/Medicare/Medicaid

I am from Bucks County,Pennsylvania. My sister is disabled from a brain injury and is disabled so she is on SSI and waivers. She had Bravo /Cigna Healthspring but nobody seems to be taking it. My dad is on Keystone 65 and is happy with it. She does qualify for Medicaid and other residents families told me they do well with Medicare primary and Medicaid as secondary??? Do you have any thoughts on this ??

Thank you,

Hi Marianne.  If she is on Social Security Disability for more than 24 months then she is eligible for early Medicare if she is not yet 65.  If she has Medicare then you might want to see if she qualifies for Medicaid but you would have to use Medicaid doctors.  Other choices would be to find doctors that take Bravo or switch to Keystone.  I'm not sure how to help past this.

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Cindy Hopp

As an expert in Medicare supplemental insurance, I can help you decide which plan is best for you. If you are turning 65 or your rates are just too high, let me shop for you and give you your options. I can also assist the under-65 for their health insurance options. Please include the State you live in.

Having been in the business for 10 years, I keep up with all the new rules of the new Health Reform and am licensed and certified to assist you.

All the continuing education I have taken keeps me up to date with licensing and the insurance industry.