Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance/Humana vs. Medicare

My mom, now 70, is interested in dropping Humana for Medicare. She is convinced her doctor bills were a lot lower when she was with Medicare. She just had shoulder surgery and is still paying for bills associated with what Humana didn't cover. She is about to have another surgery and I am finding all of the information incredibly confusing. Can you suggest one over the other?

Thank you!

Pamela LaBella

Hi Pamela.  Medicare Advantage plans by law must cover at least what Medicare covers and usually will provide better benefits plus extras that Medicare doesn't cover.  She cannot change her plan now unless she is on Medicaid.  Otherwise, she will have to wait until Open Enrollment later this year.  Most plans are HMOs or PPOs - therefore to get the best benefits, she must use Drs. and facilities that are in network.  I hope this helps.

Medicare, Medicaid, Life and Health Insurance

Cindy Hopp

As an expert in Medicare supplemental insurance, I can help you decide which plan is best for you. If you are turning 65 or your rates are just too high, let me shop for you and give you your options. I can also assist the under-65 for their health insurance options. Please include the State you live in.

Having been in the business for 10 years, I keep up with all the new rules of the new Health Reform and am licensed and certified to assist you.

All the continuing education I have taken keeps me up to date with licensing and the insurance industry.